The Assessors' Association of Pennsylvania (AAP) is a statewide organization dedicated to the meeting the educational, informational and lobbying needs of the state's assessment professionals.
The AAP has many types of memberships available with dues payable on an annual basis.
You can download the application here. Please complete the application and send it with your membership fee to:
PO Box 60769
Harrisburg, PA 17106
AAP provides the membership with a number of services and forums for active participation in the association.
- Information Resources and Research Services
- Opportunities to Provide Technical Assistance to the County Commissioners Association of PA in their Lobbying Efforts.
- Access to the AAP website and the Members Only Section
- Continuing Education opportunities at AAP Conferences and Seminars
- (discounts provided to members)
- Opportunities to Participate in AAP Standing Committees
- Publications (free to all members) such as the AAP Journal
- Association Awards Program - Recognition for outstanding contributions to field of assessment
Persons who have contributed considerably to the objective of this Association are eligible for honorary membership if, in the opinion of the Board of Governors, their contributions merit this award. Honorary memberships are conferred for life are not required to pay dues.
All persons not eligible for active membership but who are regularly employed by any state or local governmental agency or educational institution within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and former active members who have terminated their employment in the tax assessment field, are eligible for associate membership.
All elected and appointed non-contracted public officials of the various governments within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who are engaged in the work of assessing property for local tax purposes are eligible to become active members.
Persons, governmental agencies, and organizations not eligible for active or associate membership, if they are interested in the science of assessment and taxation and if they subscribe to the objectives of this Association, may apply for membership within the cooperative group. Governmental agencies and organizations are eligible to become cooperative members.