The Assessors' Association Of Pennsylvania was founded in 1948 by a group of county assessors with the intent of promoting more education and professionalism. Today, the AAP has grown to become a leading association offering a wide variety of services for county assessors.
The AAP Mission is to:
- improve assessment practices in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- provide for the collection, distribution, and exchange of information relating to the field of assessing among its members
- improve public relations
- inform members of legislation intended to improve assessment functions
- cooperate with other interested agencies in the promotion of the objectives of this Association
- encourage a fair and just distribution of the tax burden